January 30, 2011
Today was 42 degrees so it was a good option to stay indoors in my air conditioned lounge and give this a go! I got started at about 1.00pm and finished it at about 11.00pm. The instructions weren't very clear and I had to unpick a seam and re-do one part, but eventually I got there!
The fabric I used was also an op shop find for about $2. Brand new, never been used retro fabric. So here is my first attempt. Not too bad in the photos, a bit rough around the edges if you look closely. I decided to add a tie belt for a slight variation. Might end up using it as the neck tie to lengthen it so I can tie a bow in the front!
I'm pretty chuffed with the result. I think I might wear it tomorrow! Just need a nice brooch to go with it now.